Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Halloween Cookbook Club Episode



Today is our Halloween episode!



Here is the link - https://blab.im/bakespace-bakespace-cookbook-club-halloween-recipes. You can watch it live at 5 PM PT or click this link anytime to come back and check it out when you have time.

I wanted to put this quick post in because I realized my halloween stuff is all over the place. The format we use doesn't have good way of posting pictures without links.

So here is a roundup of past Halloween treats:

2008 - http://alaskandermishinthekitch.blogspot.com/2008/11/happy-halloween_01.html

2009 - http://alaskandermishinthekitch.blogspot.com/2009/09/daring-bakers-vols-au-vent.html

2014 - http://alaskandermishinthekitch.blogspot.com/2014/10/halloween-fun.html

And here are some random ones that I have done over the years and not posted.



Baileys marshmallow ghost
Baileys Marshmallow Ghost- Use your favorite marshmallow recipe. Substitute the water with Baileys. You can use the leaded version or the non dairy non alchohol coffee creamer. Both work well. Then pipe little ghost shapes onto parchment.

Gluten Free Sugar Cookies 


Mummy meatballs


Shruken Head Pie - Use crabapples

Meat Pies using gummy candy

The full costume
The Sweeney Todd costume was a fun project.  I made a shruken head pie using carved crabapples.  The meat pies were berry filled pastries. After they cooled, I cut slits into them and inserted gummy body part candies and painted on a little cherry jam for good measure. The hardest part was keeping everyone from trying to eat my costume all night long!

Halloween polka dot cake

Halloween Polka Dot Cake - This was chocolate stout cake for the black (easy to color!) and then vanilla from scratch polka dots.  I used Once Upon a Pedestal's method.

Have a safe and spooktastic Halloween everyone!  I will be working my way to France via Boston on Halloween. If you see these shoes walking through an airport on Halloween then way hi!



No comments: