Monday, March 30, 2009

Getting back into the swing of things.


OK, I have been seriously negligent about updating my blog. It is time to get back to it. My hard drive is fixed and my computer is working better than it did when it was new. So I have no excuse now :)

Just because my computer was down doesn't mean that I wasn't cooking. I have lots to catch up on. Here is a fun one. This was from our annual golf tourney on the mud flats this month. It is our way of staying sane during the sloppy time (break up) between winter and summer. This year it was brutally cold so we happily let the tide push us back towards the bonfire. Here is an ice tee just to prove my point!


And here are a couple of beautiful views!


Who can resist a pic of happy dogs?


Since xtra tufs are a way of life a good portion of the year and a requirement for the golf tourney, I was sure to include them on the cupcakes.

Real xtra tufs



My version. I regret that I didn't plan ahead. These were thrown together the day of. The event is annual, so it wasn't like I didn't know it was coming :)

The orange triangles that look like slices of cheese are replicas of the tourney flag. It is an orange pennant hung on a golf club. The material has a golf ball hanging from a short piece of chain. On windy days it can be down right dangerous to be near it! Each year the flag is embroidered with the current year. I had hoped to replicate something like that but alas... I didn't plan!


We had a fabulous time and the cupcakes (frozen from the cold day) were enjoyed....by the bonfire.

Now for the food part. These were chocolate stout cupcakes with silt colored Bailey's cream cheese frosting. All decorations were MMF.


To all my friends: Bug the heck out of me if I do not post again soon!!

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi There Moni....I was wondering what you've been up too. I figured you were busy with Life in general. Glad to see your Computer is back to working....now don't be a stranger.
Love the Cupcakes...you certainly have a good eye for things when it comes to decorating. Sounds like everyone had a good time at the tournament. Love the pictures too and yes, I love to see the fur-babies at play. Hugs to ya, Debbie

Coldhitz said...

Hey Moni , you have been away for awhile . Way to stave off the bad winter blues with a fun event . The cupcakes are way cool .

Unknown said...

Those are so darn cute!! I have an Award for you! Come pick it up here: http://peacefulcooking.blogspot.com/2009/03/long-overdue-award-acknowledgement.html

Michele said...

I was so surprised to see your post pop up in my reader! I'm glad to see you updated! Those cupcakes are so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Moni, I sure miss hearing from you. These cupcakes look inspiring and the flavor is one I have been so interested in trying. Glad to hear your computer is back and going strong.
Patti T/BakeSpace

Spryte said...

Yay!! I'm so happy to see a new post from you! Those cupcakes are so cool!!!

Looking forward to your next post!

Shane T. Wingerd said...

YAY!!!! Love to see you back in action again. Cupcakes look Great!!!

The Moon Muse said...

Debbie, Larry, Danielle, Michele, Patti T, Spryte and Shane -

Thanks so much for all the great comments!!

Anonymous said...

WB Moni! We've missed ya girl. Glad to see you posting again ;)

marian said...

These cupcakes are just so cute! I'm glad I found you in cyberspace.. nice to 'meet' you fellow food blogger. =) (i juuust started though). Alaska looks gorgeous... nice pics and boots. =D

The Moon Muse said...

Marian - Nice to meet you too!

Anonymous said...

I always did love this post. Just saw in on Tastespotting and had to laugh. People outside just don't understand the day to day importance of a pair of Extra Tuffs.

The Moon Muse said...

Robert - You've got that right. My feet aren't happy without them. I can withstand a lot while playing outside but if my feet get cold and damp, that is it.. I am done!