Monday, December 15, 2014

Snowflake Decorated Sugar Cookies



Happy Holidays everyone! Figured I had better get it in while I have a moment :)

For me, one of my favorite things to make over the holidays are these snowflake cookies. They are my zen. After a hectic day of knocking out caramels and other holiday treats, I can sit down and literally get lost in these. They are one of those things that don't require much concentration, no boiling temperatures to watch or beer boiling over when I take my eyes off the stove. It takes just a moment to make the cookie dough and royal icing; and as long as I set my oven timer I am golden.

These have a little citrus zest in the dough and a lemon vanilla royal icing. I've had this shape for a couple of years and can't wait to snatch up a new one at this year's after Christmas sales!

Here is the all white version:
White Snowflake Decorated Sugar Cookie

Lightest blue. This color was my favorite this year. I used Alan Tetreault's Sky Blue, just a little. The color looks like a slightly translucent robin's egg color. The camera doesn't do it justice. Absolutely lovely.
Blue Snowflake Decorated Sugar Cookie

And then a couple darker blue variations:
Blue Snowflake Decorated Sugar Cookie

Blue Snowflake Decorated Sugar Cookie

In case I don't "see" you all before the Holiday, have a happy and blessed one!




No comments: