Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grilled Veggie Night - Meat free!

Tonight was clean out the fridge/ grill what ever we can night. I think it was the first time Matt's grill has ever been used for a veggie only meal. I am surprised it didn't go belly up just out of shear principle!

Here is the tray with prepped veggies.

Seasoned corn
Green bell peppers - later sprinkled with basalmic
Onion halves
Squash
Diced potatoes with seasoning and garlic cloves
And last but certainly not least, one large onion cut onion blossom style with butter. Notice lots and lots of Kerrygold.

I said it was meat free.. butter free - no!

Everything was rubbed with olive oil and seasoned, then placed on the grill.

Wave hi to Matt's hand!

Look at that onion half. Oh it was so good!


For dessert, grilled stone fruit with blueberries and strawberries from our garden. Topped with a splash of heavy cream and a drizzle of agave syrup.


OINK!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

everything looks yummy! I bet you didn't even miss the meat. Im hoping to be grilling tonight so I just might through an onion on the grill, it sounds so good!!!

Shane T. Wingerd said...

Everythign looks absolutely delicious!!! Awesome Veggie Spread... and the dessert looks divine! I swear I can smell it through my monitor.. ;)

Karine said...

Such a great idea to grill all these veggies! It brings out their flavors :)